In addition, the statutes of about 500 UOC communities were illegally re-registered in favor of the schismatics. This is evidenced by the data that was announced today at a meeting of representatives of diocesan legal departments by the Chancellor of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Metropolitan Anthony (Pakanich), writes Pravblog.
According to hierarch, the adoption of a number of anti-church laws resulted in blatant statistics:
– illegal re-registration of religious communities of the UOC (about 500 cases, an approximate figure, because it happens secretly),
– raider seizures of temples (144 cases),
– beatings of clergy and laity, arson (26 cases),
– acts of vandalism (22 cases),
– robbery (42 cases),
– intimidation and blackmail that take place in the lives of believers of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.