Priests of the Nizhyn, Simferopol and Alexandria eparchies took part in the burial of remains of soldiers who died from the Nazi invaders, the Information and Education Department of the UOC reports.
On the eve of Victory Day in the Nizhyn diocese, the remains of two Soviet soldiers who died in 1943 during the crossing of the Desna at the Obolonsky bridgehead were reburied, the remains of 277 fighters were reburied in the Simferopol diocese, of which only nine were identified; the wars that took part in the liberation battles of 1943 were committed by Archbishop Bogolep.
On May 6, in the city of Sevastopol, Simferopol Diocese, at the memorial cemetery of the village of Dergachi, a solemn reburial of the remains of soldiers who died during the Great Patriotic War took place.
The remains of 277 soldiers were buried with military honors, of which only nine were identified.
On May 5, in the village of Melnitsa, Onufrievsky district, Kirovograd region, Archbishop Bogolep of Alexandria and Svetlovodsk performed the rite of burying the participants of the Second World War who took part in the liberation battles of 1943. The remains of 46 soldiers were found thanks to the efforts of researchers of the NGO “Forever Alive” and local residents.